Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Prodigal

I read the following:

"...I was touched by the deep need of the prodigal..."

My immediate response was -

"WHAT?!

The prodigals deep need?! What about the heartache and pain it brings the parent(s)? What about the parent(s) shattered dreams, expectation, plans? What about the parent(s) shame, pain, agony?

What about the parent?!"

I don't think I've ever thought about this side of the story.

What is the prodigal thinking? Is the prodigal really having such a great time out "in the world"? When all the lights, all the glitter, all the "noise" dies down, what is left in the prodigal's mind?

Luke 15:17 says, "but when he [the prodigal] came to himself, he said..."

This shows a turning point. A point that the prodigal "comes to himself". Before this turning point, it was all "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow I die" or was it?

Father give me Your heart, give me Your eyes to see - beyond my pain, my heartbreak - that soul who is so lost, so needy. Father, You came to save and deliver. Father there is nothing impossible for You. Father, You will perfect all that concerns me, for I trust in You. Bring that lost soul to the point of realizing he/she is lost and in need of a Saviour. We trust in You. We believe in You. In Jesus Name - Amen!

4 comments:

Jannette Thrasher said...

This is exactly what God has been showing me. My heart breaks for for those who have walked away from the Lord. There's a neat song sung by Sherri Youngward that goes; "if you see them will you love them like I do, and maybe they will remember who I am, I'll give anything and everything I have,just to bring them back again". I forgot the title of the song.

I do know someone who I had been praying for seven years, and by Gods grace came back. They said that the whole time they were gone, they knew it was wrong, yet they felt very decieved into thinking that everything was going to turn out ok in the end somehow.

Leti said...

Nettie, let us keep on praying and hearing what God would have for us to do as we face these situations. Give us ears to hear YOU, LORD.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Unknown said...

Sister, once again our hearts meet on common ground through our Lord. I believe this is so timely for the day because I hear of more and more people waking away from their faith. It hurts to hear of friends, but it really touches home when it is a close loved one. I feel like I can't spend enough time on my knees these days, but knowing that the Lord gives us Unity in our direction for prayer is so encouraging.

Leti said...

Diana - thank you! The weapons of our warefare are not carnal, but MIGHTY in Christ Jesus.

We will keep on praying until the answer comes, and the answer will come - Hallelujah!

{{{HUGS}}}