Saturday, June 21, 2008

Passing Through

Yes, my friends, it is hot in Southern California. To my “great surprise” I ain’t handling it very well. So here’s the scoop, cold makes me shrink-up and hurt all-over (more than usual) and heat is making me itch, get little bubbles/bumps and burn where the sun hits my skin. To top it off, this morning, as I watered my lawn, I almost passed-out from the heat. One of my friends told me to wear a long-sleeve, shear cover-up for my arms and gloves when I drive…hey, anyone have a full-sun-proof-suit, I can wear? I was thinking, maybe I can live in a bubble? And you know what; this living in a bubble could have its perks.

**Have you heard the latest from California? No, I won’t go into it. All I know is that Jesus is coming soon! We should not loose hope (read Romans 1:24-32; 13:1-7). God is still in control and things are right on schedule. However, this does not mean that we stop praying and being pro-active.

**My hubby and I decided to go to a Mexican restaurant to have mariscos (sea-food). Yes, I can make them, but hey, there are those times that I just want to sit – okay. Okay, question: Why do these places have to have scantily dressed waitresses? This doesn’t do anything for my appetite, people! We couldn’t sit there and chat cause the music was blasting (and this was noon, folks!) Men are there drinking and making advances at the waitresses (are we in a restaurant or a bar?). In fact, in came a group of men that we happened to know one of them. He didn’t see us. He is a married man sitting with a friend and his son. And even in the company of his adult-son he didn’t have the self-control stop himself from flirting and making advances with the waitress (people are watching; what are you doing when you think no-one knows you?).

So if I lived in a bubble I would be sheltered from these and other things that just make me…

Yes, I have to remind myself that I am a pilgrim passing through. This is not my home (Praise You Jesus!). I am only here for a moment then I will be no more. I need to keep looking up, not the things of this world.

Even so come quickly LORD Jesus!

1 comment: