Saturday, September 19, 2009

Breakfast at Diana's


Today I had a chance to spend the morning with some wonderful friends. How good and pleasant it is when we gather together with the brethren or the sistas, as Diana would say.

We shared breakfast together - Diana made some yummy buttermilk pancakes. Thank you Diana! After wonderful food and fellowship, Diana shared a wonderful devotion – I just love God’s Awesome Word! We were well fed in body and spirit. We then went to the kitchen to make cookies for Angie and Richard, one of Diana’s sons. Diana had pre-made three kinds of batter, so all we had to do was roll the dough and put it on the cookie sheet. It was fun to see our individual cookie-making-styles coming out. Ida, was ever so careful – was she actually measuring her dough balls? It sure seemed that way. Meg was making one ball and eating the other (I saw you Meg – he!he!) My dough was just not behaving. I think there was more dough left on my hands than the actual cookies made. Once all these yummy cookies were made, they will be packaged and mailed out to Richard and Angie – I wish I had a camera to see their faces when they get their yummy cookies. I know Angie will be very happy – she loves sweets!

We all had a wonderful time. Then it was time to come home.

2 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

I would SO BE THE ONE EATING THE DOUGH! I LOVE cookie dough!

(no calories until they cook :)

Meg said...

I agree with Angie No calories until cooked. I knew we were going to get along well :D