Thursday, October 22, 2009

God's Loving Embrace


Have you ever heard something like, “we are to be the hands and feet of Jesus”? I remember Pastor Jim Orate would always say, “May the LORD work in us, so that He can work through us”.

Yesterday, I began my day as usual. After spending time with the LORD I ventured out and drove to the gym. My body was not cooperating. My brain was “mush” – mid-terms, late nights, etc. had taken its toll on me. But, hey, I was still going to be diligent and disciplined. On Tuesday, I almost ran out sobbing in the middle of the class. Wow, the pressure we put upon ourselves! But, I didn’t. I stuck it through like the “go-getter” that I am. However, by Wednesday, there was nothing happening…energy, stamina and determination had all checked out.

I believe God is a personal God. I believe God cares about everything that happens to me. And, so I believe this morning HE knew I needed a special encounter with HIM.

What happened was that at the end of my gym class someone asked me if I was okay. I gave my normal answer, “I’m okay.” But she once again asked, she pursued it; I genuinely felt she wanted to know. I shared a little – I don’t’ know that I even knew what all was happening inside me. Then she asked me, “Would you like me to pray with you?” At this point I looked around and thought, “At the gym!?” But, hey, I am a Christian, I should be okay praying anywhere, and if this person has the courage to ask and pursue this then I need to be okay with being prayed with – at the gym. (Funny how my mind had this full on conversation; or was it a struggle?). I finally said, “okay.” She held my hands and began to pray. I, of course, began to cry. What she did next floored me. She gently embraced me and continued to pray. By this time I am sobbing. She held me for what, to me, seemed an eternity.

My God pursued me and met me where I was. He knew what I needed. He loves me so much that He used this person to hold me and pray with me, even though I was sweaty and stinky.

How many times have I neglected to heed His voice? How many times have I disregarded His still small voice that tells me go pray with or hug that person? How many times have I been in a hurry and haven’t had time to be used by Him, to minister to someone in need?

I, for one, am thankful that this person took the time to pray and hold me. I hope and pray that I will be more sensitive to those around me, to those that need a special touch.

1 comment:

Travel Planner said...

Great Post Now i know what this blog is all about i will include this in my rss feeds regards john jobs in india , india jobs