Saturday, March 27, 2010

Me-limited, frail; Christ-powerful and strong


Sitting helpless, unable to move or go take care of things outside or anywhere.

*Trash can knocked over; trash going all over the place. I want so bad to go and pick it up, but “I CAN’T”. All that is within me is dying to go and pick it up, but “I CAN’T”.

*”Things” in my back porch are being tossed around, some even falling and breaking, being shattered on the ground. “I CAN’T” shelter them, “I CAN’T” save them, I CAN’T even pick them up. All that is within me is dying to go and clean up, but “I CAN’T”.

I didn’t KNOW this wind was coming, it just showed up, unannounced. If I would have known, I could have been prepared – ready. Maybe I would have put some of the stuff on my back porch away or protected it in some way. I did not KNOW the wind was coming.

Sometimes things in our life “just happen” – they come unannounced, unplanned, we are simply not prepared for them. What is our reaction?

Sometimes people around us are falling, failing, breaking, shattered – do we think we can go pick them up and protect them? Do we think we can keep them safe?

In the spiritual realm, however, I am not helpless or unable to move. God tells me that I wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities (Ephesians 6:12) and that our weapons of our warfare are not carnal but MIGHTY in Christ Jesus to bring down strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:3-6).

Even if we are bed-bound we can pray and intercede for those in need of deliverance. It will be God who will pick them up and heal their brokenness. Then it will be HIM glorified and Christ exalted. (2 Timothy 2:9b…the word of God is not bound.)

Father, in our weakness and in our frailty, YOU remain strong; You remain able.

You are able to save.
You are able to redeem.
You are able to heal.
You are able to restore.

You are not limited.

You are All-Knowing, All-Powerful, Our Sovereign King, Bless Your Name, O LORD!

2 comments:

lulu said...

Beautiful Lety,I love the way you write and it always encourages me to read it.
You should write a book. I know that there's a lot of people out there that would be so bless to read what you write..
I love you so much and thank you ..

Leti said...

Thank you Lulu. I love you too.