Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Testimony


Revelation 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death.
This weekend God showed Himself powerful. It had been a while since my husband and I went on a Couples Retreat. This past weekend we had the opportunity of going away with other couples up to Twin Peaks. The weather was wonderful and their was still enough snow to enjoy.

The weather was incredible, the surroundings amazing, the food scrumptious, the teachings totally anointed by God...in one word - AMAZING!!!
Yet, the best part of it all was that God healed, renewed, revived, exhorted - GOD WAS TOTALLY GLORIFIED!
Our testimony is a powerful tool. One that can be used by the LORD to speak to others. So often we think that we are alone in our trial, or that no one would understand what we are going through, or even embarrassed to speak of your situation. Whatever the reason might be, we keep silent. We don't speak forth and proclaim what God has done for us. Yet, when others hear and see the evidence of God's handiwork, they get encouraged and get strengthened.
Because of our great weekend, a weekend filled with answers to prayer and seeing God's amazing hand, this morning I woke up so encouraged and joyful. I was getting ready to have some sister's over for breakfast and prayer. I went to take a shower and WAM!!! As I lifted my leg up and to shave (graphic, I know, but I need to give you the picture) something popped on my lower back and I went down for the count. I thought I was going to pass out of the pain. I prayed like crazy. I tried to maneuver and move, but the more I moved or tried to move, something else would tighten up. Don't ask me how I got out or what happened next...it's kind of ugly.
My wonderful friends arrived. They prayed over me for healing, I felt better and we enjoyed each other's company. However, when they left I could not function. I called my chiropractor, I prayed and prayed so that I could get in the car and get over to his office - praise God, I did. He says I tore something and had a joint from my hip out of place. Once that we in place, I felt better but the tare is going to take "REST". I came home feeling kind of bummed, but then my nephew called to ask me how our Retreat went. As I began recounting what God had done, my spirit began to soar and praise God. Then I came to the computer and received a beautiful e-mail from a Sister in Christ, and you know what - IT IS ALL WORTH IT! God has a plan even for this...so to God be the glory!

No comments: