Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yes, it has been busy around here.

Last Saturday we had our churches couples’s dinner it was nice to sit and enjoy the company of other like minded couples. Pastor Hector Martinez gave us a very simple, yet profound message. I said to someone, "it was soft, but yet so sharp". One of the things that stuck to my mind was when he said that, "marriage was an appetizer to heaven" Oh, yeah, it left me saying, "WOW, I've never heard it put this way." The other was that as the moon is a reflection of the sun, so wives are a reflection of their husbands.

Tuesday we started our first women's bible study for Gracia Calvary - yeah!! It has been prayed for and prayed for and now the Lord has allowed Gracia to have it. We will be studying the book of James - yes, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. You know at the beginning I thought, "O no, what am I going to go through as we begin the study of James." But the Lord reminded me, that He is good and that every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Our focus needs to be on the fact that the Lord is allowing us to have and attend a Bible Study and that we should focus on the fact that He is good and does good, the rest will come and go but He will be there.

Friday we went to Mexicali, Mexico. Mom is going to spend some time with my brother, Oscar. We had a nice drive. We were all happy to see my brother and his family. Mom was really happy to see my brother. On our way back - crossing the border is never dull and since 9/11 it has become even more interesting. I always get nervous, yet I don't know why. But this time it was really interesting, my husband and I are still trying to figure out "what happened???" Anyhow, on my quest to eat healthy I took some snacks with us. I took granola bars and 2 apples. On our way over I ate one apple (stay with me on this one-there is a reason for the numbers). On our way back the immigration lady, who was semi-nice (why is it that immigration agent’s think that they need to be mean and not smile and be ever so rude? Just a wondering.) asked us some bizarre questions and proceeded to search our van. I was totally fine with this because I had nothing to hide, in fact, this time we had bought nothing over in Mexicali. Anyhow, she is opening my bags left and right. And VIOLA!!! the FORBIDEN APPLE!!! "What, you have an apple?!" I said yes. Don't you know it is forbidden? No?! I proceeded to explain to her that we did not buy one apple in Mexicali, but that I had it from the USA for a snack and in fact, this one apple was not important to me, that she could toss it. "O no, I can't do that." She called someone and checked some list and off we were sent to INSPECTION FOR ONE APPLE! Sorry my emotions are still raw. Inspection did its thing through our whole van. By this time I was not happy and my husband said, "Just relax." (he puts me to shame). The guy asked if we had anything else, such as mangos, tamales, tacos, etc. No, no, no, no - just the one apple. I explained to him I was trying to eat healthy - as if he cared. Anyhow, they stayed with the apple and sent us off into the sunset, oopps wrong time of the day-it was already pitch dark. Soooooooooo, you will be happy to know that our borders are safe:-)

No comments: