Friday, November 21, 2008

Be Still

With all that is going on around us - pain, sorrow, needs, trials, tribulations, uncertainty, illness, heartaches, etc. - the LORD put this picture on my mind: it is of a child sitting with and at the feet of her Daddy. As she sits by Him, she places her head on His lap as He tenderly and gently strokes her hair. She sits there unhurried, unfrazzled, unoccupied with the cares that are going on all around her - she simply sits and enjoys the touch of those tender hands, His warmth, His love.

BE STILL AND KNOW HE IS GOD!

As I pondered these thoughts the LORD brought to mind the following songs - sing, meditate or simply be still at the feet of Your Heavenly Father...






Isaiah 23:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee:

Isaiah 30:7...Their strength is to sit still.

Isaiah 30:15...return...rest...saved...in quietness and in confidence shall be your strenth:...

Psalm 91:1-2 - He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.

So be still o my soul, and KNOW HE IS GOD...

No comments: