Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And Then There Was LAND...

I knew I should have stayed on the ship...

First there was (okay, I won't even go there)...

Then there was the thought, "hey, it is beautiful outside. Why don't I work on my flower beds." Ouch, the pain!!! Who knew I have so many body parts that can hurt.

Then, of course, I was robbed of one hour of precious sleep. I know, everyone was taken away an hour of sleep, but you see, for me it is a "necessity", a "precious commodity". So I'm walking around with major aches and a fog that just won't break. Monday was so hard. I kept trying to do my routine, but would find every opportunity to just slump somewhere. Not good...

Hey, but there is always another brand new spanking day - TUESDAY!!! (the sun will come out tomorrow, la la la) --- open the door to Mom's room and we are not doing well. You see, she hasn't been feeling well. We are doing and following what the doctor has said, but this day was just not going to go as "planned". She was turning purple on me and on and on. So I rushed her to the hospital. Yes, God always gives me the grace and the patience needed to thrive in this circumstances. You should have seen me go, it truly was all God. My dear friends and sisters in the Lord were praying for us and so we had God Almighty on our side and the prayers of the saints (Thank you Jesus for the love and strength that You give me and for the saints that are so precious to me).

I won't go into details about the hospital. I must say thought that God always goes before us. The people that surround my mother are incredible and the doctors all seem very caring. I can see God's hands working through them whatever the surroundings might be.

So much was seen around me in the hospital that was so heartbreaking. There was this little old lady that was crying, all alone. The Lord gave me the opportunity to speak with her. She said that she lived with her son, but that they were both ill. In fact, they both had been transported by ambulance to the hospital, but she didn't know where they had taken her son. Even though she was very ill and in allot of pain, she was wondering, worrying about her son. I asked her if she had any other family members. She said that she had a daughter who lived in Rialto. I said to her, "then she will come and visit you soon." She said, "oh no, her husband won't let her. He is very jealous." I went in and prayed with her and went back to my own mother. I told Mom the lady's story and Mom said, "yes, I am very thankful with God". The stories are endless, but this one seems to have been etched in my mind.

As I sit here typing my scattered thoughts I read this:
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 ---We are to live by faith, not feelings. To paraphrase Paul's words: "I can keep on bearing all things through Him who constantly infuses His strength into me." Christ's strength, His grace, His power are sufficient to enable us to endure whatever comes our way. by Kay Arthur

God give me Your strength, I know you already have. May your will be done.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Leti

It blesses me that even in the midst of your own storms, you don't hesitate to minister God's love to others. We'll keep praying. Any more word on your mom's progress?

Love,
Laura

lulu said...

see Lety ,thats what I told you when we were talking...You are so good with elderly people ,that even though you had your own mom there you went and cared for this old lady...
I want someone like you in my life when I get old,so wait for me..lol.
I love you :)