Saturday, March 8, 2008

Vacation Has Ended

On Friday I got a call from my brother that Mom was not feeling well. You see the Lord gave me rest from my caregiving duties (thank you Jesus!). First, one of my brothers (the one that lives in Mexicali) kept her for two weeks. He doesn't get to see her often, so this was a treat for him as much as for Mom who got to visit with her son. Then my other brother (he lives in Hesperia) picked her up from Mexicali and brought her to his house. She was going to stay with him for a week. But Friday she was not looking good so he called me to ask me what to do or what to give her. Since she has so many health issues, we just don't give her anything, we first check with her doctor. I called her doctor, but also decided to pick her up just in case I had to take her to the hospital. She did not look good, but thankfully it seems to be a cold or flu or something like that. I've spoken to the doctor and am following what he told me to do. Thankfully she does look better and seems to be getting over this awful thing that is going around and getting everyone sick. Please pray that "it" will run its course and that it won't be anything more than a cold. I must say though, how rapidly things change...

However, I am so thankful for the rest that the Lord has given me. As caregivers every little break counts for so much, but this break was beyond what I asked or prayed for. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

lulu said...

I'm glad you had a little rest.I'll be praying that she gets better soon.