Thursday, March 27, 2008

Love Letter from Jesus

I pulled this poem/letter out to give someone a copy. I hadn't read it in a while. As I read it, it touched my heart once again. As the LORD has been speaking to me through all the blossoms and the birds singing and the sun and all the life that is coming forth all around, this letter was just another way of Him reiterating what He has been showing me through creation.

Dear Friend,

How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with Me, too. I gave you a sunset to chase your day and a cool breeze to rest you - and I waited. You never came. It hurt Me - but I still love you because I AM your friend.

I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk.

I have so many gifts for you! I try to tell you in blue skies and in the quiet green grass. I whisper it in leaves on the trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean and bigger than the biggest need in your heart.

Ask Me! Talk with Me! Please don't forget Me. I have so much to share with you! I have chosen you and I will wait for you.

Your Friend - I love you! JESUS


Today I made it a point of sitting in my backyard. I sat in the sun and felt its warmth as the scents of orange blossoms came to me in the soft breeze. I didn't have much time (when do I?), but this small amount of time seemed like an eternity. It was so restful and invigorating. Wow! God is so awesome and faithful, He made minutes seem like hours and totally blessed me with His presence. God, You so desire to spend time with me and overwhelm me with your love. So often I think I need to carve out an hour or so in order to spend "quality" time with You. Yet, You know what is happening in each one of our lives. May I not neglect these intimate times with You. (Song of Solomon 2:13 ...Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

How precious. Thank you for this reminder. How funny our ideas of time must be to Him. :)