Friday, March 14, 2008

What if?...but GOD!

The What if's are daunting.

Yesterday Mom went into ventricular fibrillation (her heart was going too fast, etc.). She is stable now. When I left the hospital she was sleeping soundly.

I got home blew up at my family and went to bed.

Raw emotions, lots of questions...LIFE, o so fragile and frail.

BUT GOD...through a letter that has nothing to do with this, God spoke to me - "But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me (2 Timothy 4:17)...Paul knew that he was not alone...even though man may not have been with him, the Lord was surely right there with him...today, the Lord is with you...1 Peter 5:7 says that we are to cast all of our care on Him for He cares for us."

And this morning through my devotional reading, He spoke to me through Psalm 71:1-16 - "In You, O Lord, I put my trust; let me never be put to shame...incline Your ear to me...Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually...You are my rock and my fortress...You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust...My praise shall be continually of You...O God, do not be far from me; O my God, make haste to help me!...I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more...I will go in the strength of the Lord God...(the author said, God was his hope, his trust, and his hiding place in the storms of life...everyone who knows the Lord can find refuge and peace in His abiding presence...When we put our problems in God's hands, He puts His peace in our hearts...For the believer, the ultimate place of refuge is in the presence of God.)"

YOU are My Refuge.
YOU are My Sanctuary.
In You, O God, I will put my trust.

No comments: