Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring





New life is springing forth everywhere. The birds are chirping away at the sign of sunshine and warmth. My backyard is starting to look like people actually live here;) It is bursting forth with colors and scents. All creation shouts the handiwork of a Mighty Creator. All creation is at His command.

Seasons, seasons, seasons...some, you don't want them to end, while others you are screaming that they pass and never show themselves in our lives ever again. Yet, all are needed. All have their purpose. All have a plan. And in the grand-scope of things they ALL work together for our good. There is nothing wasted in God's economy. And if we are honest with ourselves, some chip away at those rough spots that need to be smoothed away.

God is faithful to complete the work He began in us. Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what is written. I have felt the same way about my patio. I get no sunlight until summer, and I never get sunlight in the apartment (good for summer heat I guess). It reminds me that even in the midst of dark times the Lord is there.

THE LORD is my shepherd;


I shall not want.
Psa 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psa 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[fn1] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

Love,
Nettie

P.S. Your trees are beautiful