Saturday, March 8, 2008

Catching Up

As you all know I've been a little off in my posting. I've been on my own kind of vacation. The Lord has allowed me a time of rest - thank you Jesus! Stuff continues to happen in our household and in my life, but just haven't been around to post.

Missed posting about my brother, Humberto's birthday. His birthday was on February 27th. My brother lives in Mexico. I do miss "him". I believe God in his mercy will reach down and save and restore him and will give me a relationship with my brother. Please pray for him.

We began our much prayed for Women's Bible Study at the church that we now attend. This is their first Women's Bible Study - how exciting! We are doing a study in the book of James. It has been a blessing to see the ladies ready and anxious to begin this journey. James has already begun to challenge me personally. My first challenge was to "count it all joy when you fall into various trials" - okay, enough said, no need to expound on this:[ And now my challenge is to be "swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath". I'm a talker, so you can see how challenging this is going to be. I believe God has great lessons for us to learn and put into practice. We need to be doers of the Word not just hearers.

No comments: