Friday, May 23, 2008

My Sister - a Servant


Yesterday I had the privilege of being part of a memorial service. As Christians we know that death is just the beginning for those who profess Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior. Indeed it was a celebration of life, the life of my friend’s father-in-law.

When I think of my friend, and dare I say more than a friend, a Sister-in-Christ, I venture to when I met her and how much God has allowed us to go through.

When I met this Sister, I was fully into my journey as a caregiver. She was starting her journey. Many talks, many tears, much laughter (thank God for laughter!).

She began her journey as a caregiver in first taking care of her mother-in-law and after her passing, continuing caring for her father-in-law.

Two Scriptures come to mind:
Proverbs 18:22 – Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor
of the LORD.

Proverbs 19:14b – a prudent wife is from the LORD.

This Sister cared for her in-laws with such love and compassion that I know only came from Jesus Christ. She put her hands to the plow and didn’t look back. My friend, my sister, you have always said that I am an example to you. Let me tell you, YOU, my sister, are an example to me. May Our Jesus give me half the love and compassion that you showed for your in-laws in caring for them until the end. Well done, good and faithful Servant.

Proverbs 31:10-31 – Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far
above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that
he shall have no need of spoil…she works willingly with her
hands.

She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth
forth her hands to the needy. (I’ve only quoted partially, but I see my sister
all over this Proverb).

What a privilege to have walked this journey with YOU.

No comments: