Thursday, May 1, 2008

National Day of Prayer

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22

...times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD; Acts 3:19


The LORD allowed me to attend a Prayer Breakfast this morning. Wow!!! A few days ago the LORD gave me Acts 3:19 twice. I was ecstatic and rejoiced in God's promise to me, however, I had no idea what form it would be in. Well, yesterday, I good friend of mine called me and profusely apologized for the short notice, but said that she had a ticket "for me" to a Prayer Breakfast. Even though I was in the middle of grocery shopping, God reminded me of His promise and I said, "Yes, I'd love to attend." As I hung up the phone, the doubts and questions began. But how this, but how that...Finally, I managed to get it out of my mind and get on with my day. At night I started again with the, "but I can't..." That's when the LORD gave me Proverbs 10:22 (which, I must say, He gives me often). Needless to say it all went awesome.

To be in a room of 500 people praying and worshipping our Awesome King and LORD. To see policemen, councilmen, business people, etc., lifting their hands to Almighty God and beseeching His grace and mercy upon our land, wow! God's presence was truly evident in that place. It reminded me of when Paul and Silas prayed and sang and the prison was shaken and the doors opened. I can't help but believe that many prison doors were opened, many lives will be set free and most of all that each person in that room was reminded by the LORD that we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. At the end we sang this Hymn, it was powerful:

Battle Hymn of the Republic by Julia Ward Howe

Mine eyes have seen
the glory of the coming of the LORD, He is trampling out the vintage where the
grapes of wrath are stored, He has loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible
swift sword. His truth is marching on.

Chorus: Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! (3x's) His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps. They
have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps. I can read His
righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps. His day is marching on.
(Chorus)

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat.
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat. Oh, be swift, my
soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet! Our God is marching on. (Chorus)

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea, with a glory
in His bosom that transfigures you and me. As He died to make men holy, let us
die to make men free, while God is marching on. (Chorus)


I encourage you that you too spend some time in prayer for Our Nation. God calls us to be those watchmen and stand in the gap for those perishing. "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: