Thursday, May 22, 2008


Today I sat at my kitchen table with God’s Word before me. The pain and fatigue continue, hence I haven’t been up to doing much of anything. But God had a plan – He always does. I’ve had the opportunity to dig into His Precious Word and find precious nuggets to hold onto in this journey of faith.

Earlier I had looked out my window and was saddened by the state of my garden and lawn. I haven’t been able to water them, they look pretty pitiful. I thought, “Maybe I will be able to go out there and do some watering.” Not!

I continued digging, rejoicing, being convicted, being uplifted…I love God’s Word.

One of the cross-references that God gave me was Luke 12:31 – But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

All of the sudden I realized the room was getting dark. I noticed that it was getting cloudy outside…cloudy? Wasn’t it 90 degrees just the other day? Anyhow, I turned on the light and proceeded with my digging.

Then I heard a familiar sound - is that rain? No. Wait, it is rain. Immediately, I got a smile in my face and thanked the LORD for rain. I told Him how incredibly personal He was. “You knew the grass and flowers needed water. And you poured it down from heaven.” How good is that?

Yes, this might sound like “not such a big deal”. But it meant so much to me. My Heavenly Father took care of what concerned me.

He cares for the little things; He cares for the big things, and everything in between.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your feeling better. I am blessed when I read your blog!! you make me laugh!! I love the hot summer weather, but i understand your flowers need water!! I hope to see you soon.....love ya

Leti said...

Yes, I like the sun too..and my body really likes the warm weather, cause I don't hurt as much.

I guess God thought my grass needed LOTS AND LOTS of water...how do you like them thunder-storms=:0