Thursday, August 21, 2008

HIS Schedule

Yes, my friends we are moving at the speed of light around here. Lists, lists, lists. Check, check, check. – you get the point. At times I simply want to run and scream, but God in His abundant mercy and grace KNOWS exactly what I need.

Right smack in the middle of a frantic pace the electricity went out in parts of my home. Immediately I went into the fix it mode. Yes, we could not miss a beat, too much to do still. However, all my efforts availed to nothing. The problem couldn’t be fixed; believe you me, I tried. This happened on Tuesday late afternoon. We finally realized that we needed to call an electrician. I was told by my insurance company that, “A technician will be by tomorrow”. Good enough.

Wednesday started with my to-do-list on hand. Then, as I washed my dishes, I read a Scripture card that said, “Be still and know that I AM God”. Yes, God stopped me on my tracks and silenced and quieted this fast pace. So as I waiting around for the electrician to show up, I put away the to-do-list and sat and spent a wonderful time with my Jesus. In fact, at one point I closed my eyes, I was so relaxed that I actually took a nap. I continued with the thought of simply spending time in quietness with My LORD. What I would have categorized as a lost day, in my hurried pace, was actually a very fruitful day spiritually.

The electrician finally showed up late afternoon, but by this time I KNEW he was right on time. He came when God meant for him to come and fixed the problem. We were then able to go to church. I receive such encouragement from the Word of God. Yes, He is in control. Yes, He will provide. Yes, He cares. Yes, He keeps His promises to me. Seek first His kingdom and ALL else will be added (it sure will).
Keep praying for us. Keep praying for this mother’s heart that is feeling the pain of separation.

No comments: