Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Praise and Prayer Time

Last night I had the privilege of getting to go to the Women’s Praise and Prayer at Calvary Chapel Rancho Cucamonga. (On a total side note – why do I say privilege? So often we take for granted what we have or are able to do. You see, there was a time when I could come and go “freely”, a conference here, a retreat there, a study over here. And yes, I had the freedom to not go just because, too tired, too busy, etc. I took my “freedom” for granted. Then my circumstances changed and now I can’t “just go”. Yet, I find that now when I do get the privilege to go I go with an expectant heart, ready to receive because I can’t do this all the time. I come away refreshed, renewed, revived and yes, strengthened and encouraged to carry on.)

Romans 12:1-2 – I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hebrews 13:15 – By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name.

Revelation 5:8 – And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which are the prayers of the saints.


We had an incredible extended time of worship in song. A short devotional and a time of waiting upon the LORD and the exercising of the gifts of the Spirit.

We were first asked to meditate upon Psalm 95:1-3 and Psalm 100.

Worship = caught up in God’s love and His presence; where our heart meets His; We see the LORD in all His glory (wow!)

Janice shared with us from Ephesians 3:14-21 - Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians while in jail. Paul’s prayer concentrated on others instead of self, even though Paul could have been asking for his own personal deliverance.

She shared 6 points from Paul’s prayer:
1. v. 16 he prays for strength (Acts 1:8; Isaiah 40:29-31, 41:10) – Are you worn out? Our you walking in defeat?

2. v. 17 he prays that Christ may dwell in their hearts – Is Christ at home in my heart?

3. v. 17 that ye being rooted and grounded in love – are my roots deep? Am I grounded in the love of God?

4. v. 18 that they would be able to comprehend the breadth, and length, and depth, and heights of God’s love – Am I embracing, holding tightly and resting in this love?

5. v. 19 to know the love of Christ – to I know this love personally?

6. v. 19 be filled with all the fullness of God – do I know the fullness of God? (Isaiah 11)

And even thought Paul’s prayer was so deep and thorough, Paul still ends this prayer by saying, “Now to Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.” Paul knew that God could do even more than he was asking – wow!

Meditate upon these Scriptures, Psalm 29:1-2; 96:1-9; 24:1-10.

The words from the LORD gave me answers for my cares and concerns – God’s Word is so powerful!

BE STILL MY SOUL – HE IS GOD!

(Amen! Thank you Jesus!!!)

No comments: