Saturday, August 30, 2008

Upside Down


I saw this bug right outside my sliding door. Didn’t think much of it, then…

It reminded of what Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says: Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

When you feel upside down and just can’t get up, isn’t it wonderful to have someone come alongside and give you a hug, a smile, a word of encouragement.

I almost ignored this bug. It will get up somehow, but for some reason God didn’t allow me to continue. I finally went out and turned this bug right side up. It stood there for a while, kind of trying to figure out what just happened. Then it soared on its wings.

What a picture of how often I ignore that person who might need a touch from me, who might need me to help them stand on their feet. Who might need that extra encouragement in order that they may fly and soar on wings of eagle.

Hummmmm, wow! Let me ponder this one some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being there for me many times
God Bless You
Ana

Anonymous said...

I love this little devotion that you shared. It made me well up. I just really needed to hear it.

Love,
Nettie