Monday, August 4, 2008

Humbled and Amazed

I remember sometime ago the LORD was teaching me about “humility”. I remember reading, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble” and “humble yourself in the sight of the LORD and He will lift you up”. As I read and meditated upon what the LORD was sharing with me, I remember thinking, “O no what’s up ahead? LORD help me to humble myself and not to be in the position of needing to be humbled. What’s up ahead? God have mercy.” Yes, this shows you what flawed and warped thinking I have of My Heavenly Father.

The LORD in His abundant grace and mercy has been teaching me some lessons. Yes, things have been moving at the speed of light around here. We have had family from out of the country stay with us. I can honestly tell you that I have had joy and peace in the midst of it all. God has provided stamina and energy to keep up with this pace. In fact, My God has provided all that was needed in order to accomplish His will for this time of my and my families life.

In the midst of this visit I could have been busy thinking of the things that are up ahead, such as “A Young Girls Tea” here at my house, and the preparation for my daughter’s trip to Pennsylvania. However, God in His all-knowing grace did not allow me to think even once about the events of the future, but focused me only on the day at hand (Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34). Now, don’t get me wrong, I am a planner and as such the LORD helped me to sit down before my guests arrived and set dates and plans on paper. Once I did this and set it upon my refrigerator I could go about the day to day busyness without a thought about missing any due dates or events.

One day in the midst of “the schedule” my internet went down. I normally let it work out itself (this has been happening a lot lately). But this day I decided to call my internet provider “interrupting” (so I thought) the “schedule” for the day. My guests ended up visiting with my nephew and his family on their own, while I waited for the internet guy to come by and check my modem. Yes, in my mind this was a glitch in the “schedule”, but God knew what I needed. As I sat waiting for the internet guy I picked up my Bible and the LORD so spoke to me. It was such an intimate time with My Jesus and I. I felt refreshed and encouraged. Then a dear friend of mine called and simply to pray for me. Once all this was done then…a knock at the door – what do you know, the internet guy is here and then my guests came home.

Another day another dear friend called and asked if they could come by my house. As I looked at the chaos around me I hesitated saying yes. This person sensing my hesitation said, “it will only take a few minutes”. I hesitantly said yes. This person came in and spoke to me privately and handed me money – yes money. This person said that the LORD had put it on their heart to bring me this money since before my guests arrived, but they hadn’t been able to get a hold of me. Yes, my friends, humbling indeed. God continued to provide for all-needs as I ventured into these foreign waters.

I could write some more, but suffice it to say that God humbled me. His humbling was gentle and loving. As He taught me these lessons, I always felt loved and encouraged. I always felt His tender touch, His Fatherly embrace.

Through it all I can say that many, many seeds were planted. Many stepped up to the plate and helped and shared with them. Thank you all who helped in so many different ways.

Jesus says, “My burden is light. My yoke is easy.”

1 comment:

Laura said...

Its good to see you back! Praising God for His faithfulness on your behalf!