Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bible Study

The Lord has allowed me to join a Women's Bible Study. I am so excited! I love to have books and schedules and a format. Today was our first meeting. I walked in that Sanctuary with a step in my stride (or is it a stride in my step?). I was excited to see the women that I hadn't seen in months and looking forward to the new women I would meet. We first sat and worshipped the Lord in song. I sat and basked in God's presence, lifting my hands to My Beloved, to My Savior - I love to worship the Lord in song, pure abandonment, I love it! From there Janice gave us an introduction that excited us to no end. She made us want to open up our Bible and the Notebook and start right on the spot. Joyfully I greeted some of the women that I hadn't seen. We broke up into our small groups and we rejoiced in meeting the ladies in our group. What will the Lord do through these months of study of God's Word? Only great things can come out of digging into God's Holy Word. We will be studying the book of Daniel and Haggai. Our theme verse is Daniel 12:3, Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

We are in for a wonderful journey. I look forward to the wonderful nuggets that the Lord will share with all of us. The sum of Your word is truth. Psalm 119:160

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of nuggets, I think I left a few at the parking lot today. Once again sister thank you for your encouragement and love. I am soooooooo looking forward to see what God has for us on this journey through Daniel & Haggai. I can only hope that like the lions in the den, I too will "shut my mouth" and quiet my heart with great reverence so that I don't miss a thing that my Father will be showing me. Excited to learn and happy that I get to see you more often. Love ya. HI Angie!

Laura said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm excited for you and the things the Lord will be doing in your life through this study.

Anonymous said...

New beginings. For 08. May the Lord illuminate your walk and give you fresh vision and perspective. Your bible material looks very nice. Blue, My favorite color.

Love,
Nettie