Thursday, January 24, 2008

God's Faithfulness


The other night I was sitting in my bedroom reading. You see this night my husband would be having some men over for a prayer meeting. We all retired to our respective bedrooms in order to give the men some privacy. As I sat and read I began to hear the doorbell and then laughs and greetings. Then beautiful worship. In an instant my heart was overwhelmed with emotion. I closed my eyes and basked in these sounds. My heart was filled with an overwhelming joy. There came thanksgiving and praise from my lips unto My Faithful Heavenly Father. I was reminded of how long ago I would pray for my husband to become our spiritual leader. To have a hunger and a thirst for righteousness sake. So often we pray and then forget what we have prayed for. Either because it has been too long or you've given up on what you've prayed for. But this night God reminded me of His faithfulness.

In 1 Corinthians 11:3 we are told, "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." This is God's order for us. I am thankful for what God is doing in my husband's heart, but I am also thankful that He is changing my heart. And you know what, we are all blessed when we keep God's order of things.

Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoke, and will He not make it good?" God is faithful to keep His Word to us. Trust Him...Praise Him.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How precious!! I love being a witness to this (not that I was that night). God has been painting a very beautiful picture of your family in this last year. Obedience not only blesses God's heart, but the other believers as well.