Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Old is Past; New Things are Ahead

Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, and spirit to those who walk on it: "I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles, to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison house, I am the LORD, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them." Sing to the LORD a new song, and His praise from the ends of the earth...(Isaiah 42:5-10a)

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)

..."Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)


Let us begin this year with the unchanging and powerful Word of God. Everything else will falter and fail, but God's Word is eternal and unchanging. Let us fix our eyes upon THE WORD (Jesus). Let us press forward. Let us run this race that is set before us in the strength and might of Our Precious Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus will finish the work He begin in us for He who has called us is faithful to finish. Amen! Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those scriptures are very encouraging and perfect to meditate on as we start the new year. Our God is the God of Many chances. His love endures forever. His mercies are new every morning.
Amen.

Love,
Nettie

Praise and Coffee said...

Leti,
I LOVE these verses,the one in Isaiah is one of my favorites. Perfect for the new year.

Blessings,
Sue

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Leti, thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup! I'm glad to know you're here. I'll be back.