Friday, April 18, 2008

Full of Thanksgiving

Today has been filled with lots of excitement. The day began with its usual routine. Soon the routine of the day was changed to excitement and surprises.

First I took Mom to pick up her new glasses. She had cataract surgery and was in need of a new prescription. When Mom finally had her new glasses on, there was no one who would take them off her. The doctor kept asking her if they were too tight, if she could see well, etc. All Mom kept saying was, "they are so nice". They never left her face. It was like a kid with a new toy. Ah, the simple pleasures of life!

Then there was a call from my nephew Jose. He wanted to know if I'd be home cause they wanted to stop by. Jose, Laura, Anne and Bek came by and brightened my day. And to top it off I got a new book from them. Can't wait to get into it. I'm sure you will be reading about my reading soon. We enjoyed a good time together. We decided that we should all go for a treat - frozen yogurt! Of course, we would have a small lunch before partaking of our treat. As we were leaving, Laura noticed that my mail had already come (normally our mail comes late in the afternoon). I took the mail and was going to put it down and head out, but for some reason I decided to walk out the door with my mail on hand. As we walked to our respective cars I was going through my mail to see what was in it...STOP what's this? An envelope from Mt. Zion School of Ministry!!! (http://www.mzsom.org/om.org/) My daughter had applied to this school some months ago. She had been raiding the mail box everyday looking for "something" from them, but today she didn't even notice the mailman. I stopped and handed Angie the envelope. She, of course, ripped it opened (she was shaking, my poor child). She handed me something and proceeded to read, "Dear Miss Ramirez: Thank you for your application to attend Mt. Zion School of Ministry. I am pleased to inform you that you have been ACCEPTED..." --- she lost it, I lost it and we hugged each other and cried together. I have no idea what the others did. My daughter and I were engulfed in such a beautiful moment. Time seemed to stand still. All I could do was look up to heaven in amazement and awe of the God that we serve. Jose finally took the letter and finished reading. My front yard became a glow with excitement and tears. This was such a special moment. With this we all headed off, now, to celebrate this wonderful turn of events. We enjoyed lunch and yogurt with great company and wonderful news.

Truly when we are faithless, God remains faithful.

UPDATE: Yesterday, at my caregivers fellowship, my friend Ida gave me a little box for my daughter. In it came this necklace and earrings that my friend made for Angie. Along with the jewelry came a little note. Get this - this is so God...within the note there was this Scripture: Psalm 40:1-3 - I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth. Get this, my friend had no idea what had happened and the great news that we had received. When my daughter shared this Scripture with me I simply could not believe how incredible Our God is and how He works through us all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All glory is to God!

It was such a great privilege to get to share this moment with you firsthand. I know how much you were anticipating hearing from the school.

Also, thank you for sharing the way God has been confirming His will for you through scripture--even through a kids CD.

Hold on to these promises. The enemy will continue to try to discourage you through this waiting period, but trust God's promises (yes, I am preaching to me too).

We love you and are excited for what God has ahead for you.

Laura said...

Yayyyy! I'm still so excited. Yesterday I read the Scripture that says "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes it is a tree of life" and immediately I thought of Angie. What an honor it was to be part of that wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

O.k., O.k. I'm becoming dehydrated from the emotions aready! Angie! I'm so excited for you sweetie. CONGRADULATIONS Mija! And now the new journey begins, how exciting. God bless you all and thank you for letting me be a part of this most wonderful praise report. Love ya.

Ida

nelly said...

Hey, Ramirez family I'm still in ahhhhh!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Angie we will miss you!! we know that GOD, will be with you. Thank you for letting us celebrate this joyful event with you and your family. See you soon!

nelly

lulu said...

Yayyy,congratulations Angie..
I know how much this means to you..
ohh,God is awesome.