Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ouch!!!

Hola Amigas!

Last I wrote, somewhat, I was off to attempt to spring clean. Yeah, right! All was going well and I was actually making progress. Then I came across this other blog that made cleaning your shower sound as easy as “spray, wait, wipe, whoalla - you have a squeaky-clean shower”. So off I go to the store with my list on hand. Came home with all my supplies and set off to conquer the dreaded shower tile. I seriously thought, hey now I can clean this by myself. There was hope in the horizon. You see, cleaning the shower is one of those chores that bring me to my knees. Well actually to a fetal-position on the couch without being able to move, in lots and lots of pain…yes, I’m serious. For a while, someone else has done it for me, but this person has been really busy and I thought, hey, this sounds easy enough. I can do it – not!

All I have to say is that the only thing that fell to the floor quickly was ME. My knee went out, my back went out, etc., etc. – I will spare you the gory details. But being the trooper that I am, I finished the task at hand. When my hubby got home, I was on “the couch:(”. Needless to say, I haven’t finished my spring cleaning and the probability is that it won’t get done any time soon.

Sunday, we celebrated our churches 4th Anniversary. It was a wonderful time of rejoicing in what God had done and a time of great expectation of what God will do in the future. My Spirit was rejoicing, but my body was…(blah!!!) I sure could have used my Mom’s wheelchair;-O

Monday came and went and I never made it to workout. Tuesday, I finally made it and I got, drum roll please, my 200th workout t-shirt, yeah!!! This was so exciting. Yes, I know it is just a t-shirt, but it is a tangible sign of a great task that has been accomplished by this “ache-breaky-body”.

Okay, so now you have the run down. Until next time, Amigas!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry the shower caused you so much pain :(. Hey, how about a pic of your 200th workout t-shirt? BTW I love the look of your blog!!

Leti said...

Laura, the picture is forthcoming. Thanks for the compliment:)

lulu said...

Hope you feel better after cleaning .
I'm happy that you don't give up going to your workout.

Vicki said...

oh my, this happens to me, too, when I tackle that ol' shower. It's always the most dreaded thing on my cleaning list. Hope you've rested and recovered.{{hugs}}