Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy 23rd Birthday Son!




Twenty-three years ago our first child was born. By this time we had two babies in heaven and we tried not to get excited - AGAIN - cause we didn't know what would happen with this pregnancy. A tough pregnancy to say the least...I lost 40 pounds and was very weak. Lots of bed-rest because I was prone to miscarriages. My sister, bless her heart, took really good care of me. On December 2 my hubby and I wanted to go out to dinner...my water broke - I didn't know what this was. I called my sister (my bedside-doctor) and she said, "do you have contractions? do you feel okay", "yes" "yes"...so we went to dinner. Thanks goodness it was dark in that place cause I made a mess (I'll leave it to your imagination). We came home and for the first time since I got pregnant I felt good and had absolutely no pain. I actually slept all night. December 3rd I had my doctor's appointment at 8:00 a.m., I picked up my sister and off we went to the doctors. When the doctor checked me, I had no am bionic fluid and the baby's heart beat was very low. The doctor sent me straight to the hospital. Lots of emotions and very scary. The baby's heart beat was getting less and less. I was induced and here was my baby boy!!! A premie weighing 7lbs. 5oz. I know...the doctor said that if the baby was full term, he would have been a very big baby...I'd say!!! Zoom forward 23 years later...my son is a very handsome, smart man. He is 6'1" and probably 220lbs. It amazes me to remember how he came into this world and to remember all that he has gone through, yet I know God has an incredible plan for him. My hubby and I love him to pieces and treasure the times that we get to spend with him.

2 comments:

José J. said...

Happy birthday Jaime! We love you so much and look forward to what God is going to do in and through you.

See you later!

lulu said...

Happy birthday Mitos ! I love you..