Monday, December 17, 2007

Huh?!?! >:O

I think the seaweed is a little tight around my head. I think my circulation is being cut short. My thoughts don't match my action or something like that. Last week I forgot my gloves at church...days passed before I realized I'd lost my gloves. Thankfully someone saw them and I recovered them. Then Angie loses her small Bible. Again (Praise God) she gets it back (o and now she lost her other Bible, but I think she left it in a friend's car). Then the other day I went to KFC (this in and of itself is a testing of my patience. I normally go through the drive thru, you know, so much faster and easier. I've waited up to 45 minutes, if not more, in the drive thru...hey isn't this supposed to be fast-food, quicker, get it on the run kind of place...don't worry I'm okay). Okay, so this is my order: Variety Bucket, with two mashed potatoes, small coleslaw and corn-on-the-cob - easy enough. I waited and waited and waited. Finally our turn at the window. Pay, get my food, off to have dinner. Now home...I start taking out the food and figured I'd gotten more (and I do mean more) than I'd ordered. 5 large mashed potatoes, 5 gravies, 1 large coleslaw and 1 small one too, and of course the chicken...no corn, no biscuits, but tons of potatoes. Went back, they were swamped with people. The lady at the counter was not nice, took the extras and tossed them and fixed my order...NEXT!!! Yesterday I went to get hamburgers...my order: shrimp dinner and 2 hamburger specials. Drove home and what did I get you ask - shrimp dinner and 1 hamburger, 1 french fries and 2 drinks...go figure. I almost collapsed. My husband had told me after the chicken incident to always check my order before leaving the place, I didn't check and once again I was...whatever!!! Mom got her shrimp dinner and my son got his hamburger and I got my drink, hey, I do want to loose wait, huh? Now today I took Mom to get a haircut at Fantastic Sams (we were there last week and waited almost 2 hours before we had to leave without a haircut...rrrr!). Thankfully they took her right in and we were home in no time to give her her bath. All was going smoothly until she asked me for her glasses. "Your glasses, what glasses?" "The ones I gave you to hold at the haircut place." ...rrrrr... I left them on a counter, so I gritted my teeth and off I went to get her glasses. Yes, they, thankfully, were there. Am I on dry land yet? In all this I still know that HE IS STILL FAITHFUL.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello!!!!For crying out loud...somehow I think the Lord is teaching those two infamous lessons - "wait" and "patience". Definitely not my favorites, but He knows what He's doing!

lulu said...

oh man,I'm glad you found everything ,now stop....lol