Saturday, December 15, 2007

The End is Glorious

In my morning reading, I've been reading the book of Revelation. This morning I sat and envisioned this whole scene that is being shown to us through God's Holy Word. It is simply glorious and worth hanging on to this glorious hope.

Revelation 7:10-12, 15-17 - ..."Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" And all the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen."...Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (See also, Isaiah 25:8, 40:10; Psalm 23:1-2; Ezekiel 34:23)

I'm also reminded of a song that is called "All Who Are Thirsty" (All who are thirsty, All who are weak, Come to the fountain, Dip your heart in the stream of life, Let the pain and the sorrow, Be washed away, In the waves of His mercy, As deep cries out to deep, Come Lord Jesus Come, Holy Spirit Come). Yes come to the fountain and receive refreshment to your soul. Knowing what is to come, makes today easier to live. Even so come Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so neat because in my wemons study I am learning about the passover lamb and how it relates to the Lamb of God. I am to look up scriptures about The Lamb of God and explain how they relate to me. One of the scriptures that I was struggling with was:

Rev 13:8 — And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It is incomprehensible to me. Slain from the foundation of the world? Wow. I can only think that God already new that Adam and Eve where going to sin, and that I would be born a sinner one day and that He had to come and die for me.