Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Father's Love


My husband loves his kids. There is not a thing that he wouldn't do for them. My husband loves his kids unconditionally and grants them so much grace it amazes me. When I am ready to kick or smack, he gently moves and does, no need for words. He works hard and long hours in order to provide for his family. If I don't buy stuff for him, he never gets anything for himself. I remember one Christmas that was really tight and we weren't going to get Christmas presents. Last minute he got a Christmas bonus. Where do you think he spent it ALL? On his kids. In fact, that year he bought our son the best catcher's gear in town - I was amazed. This past Saturday he worked (he seldom works on Saturdays). I could see that he was visibly tired. He got home from work and just sat. I asked him, "why did you work today?" He smiled and said, "to get the stuff for the kids." (kids? their adults!!!...sorry, side note). So the other day we went to the music store and he bought our daughter a piano and it's accessories. You could see he was so joyful. We came home and while our daughter was out, he assembled it for her with such enthusiasm. Sometimes I wonder...I get a glimpse of a "Father's Love". I think, "if an earthly father can love like this, how wide, how long is Our Heavenly Father's Love." Every good and perfect gift comes from above. God's mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness unto us. And yes, Our Heavenly Father, gave the most precious thing He had for you and for me. He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting love. How great is the Father's Love...how wide, how long, how high, how deep? We cannot grasp this immenseness this side of heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet,ojitos does the same to, he works so hard for his family...
An we do have our heavenly father love and he loves us even more...

Laura said...

What a sweetheart. Thank you for sharing this post. It is a heart-warmer. :)