Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Day of Celebration

Yesterday was a day filled with activity - good activity. My hubby surprised me and took the day off-work for our anniversary. My daughter, Angie, agreed to stay with Mom and do lunch for her (thank you Angie for this break:)). Morning was hectic, and to be honest with you, I almost called our outing off. Simply too much "preparation" just to get out. Thankfully, the Lord helped me to put all "feelings" aside and my hubby and I managed to get out - yeah!!! We drove around and enjoyed each others company. Then we ended up at Victoria Gardens. We walked around hand-in-hand. It was so nice to slowly-walk by the hand of my love, not really doing anything and emptying my mind of "everything". We sat and had lunch together. At times we sat in silence, simply enjoying each others company. We walked some more and ended up at Jamba-Juice. My hubby chatted this time - this was nice. We drove home and got busy making ceviche (my sons favorite dish).

At night we enjoyed the company of my nephews Jose R. and Jose B. and their precious families. Jaime's girlfriend, Sandra, joined us and brought along a delicious ice-cream cake...isn't pretty! (Thank you Sandra! We enjoyed having you over.) Everyone enjoyed themselves. I truly enjoyed seeing everyone enjoy the food and company. I wonder if this is the way my Mom and Sister felt after they'd prepare an incredible-tasty meal for the family? It is so neat to see those you love gather around the table and enjoy...I bet Mom misses this - wow, these thoughts...

Thank you Jesus for the simple things in life that bring joy to our hearts and make beautiful memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

WoW!!!!!

God is Soooooooooooo Faithful!!!!

Blessings to you and your family.

Love,
Nettie

P.s. this whole time I thought that your daughter was you but now that I've met you I know.

Laura said...

It was a lot of fun. We need to do it more often. I hope Jaime had as good of a time as we did.