Friday, November 30, 2007

Discouragement...


This morning it is dark and cloudy outside. In fact, right now it's raining. As I sit in my very warm and cozy home I can't help but feel this awful dark cloud over me. Yes, I love the Lord. Yes, I am an extremely blessed person, yet this "feeling". I thought, "to be like Enoch. To take a long walk and then be no-more." Job felt discouraged and thought, "why was I even born". Elijah thought, "okay I'm done, take me to heaven". (I'm paraphrasing you know.) And of course, the Lord reminds me of that Scripture that says, "why are you downcast, o my soul, hope in God." It's all in my-big-head...yet, the "feelings". Can I just go to sleep...can it all be done...

The Lord is so awesome...He hears even my faintest sigh...

Daniel 9:23 "...you are greatly beloved..."

Daniel 10:11 "...O Daniel, man greatly beloved..."

Daniel 10:17-19 "...As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me." Then again, the one having the likeness of a man TOUCHED ME AND STRENGTHENED ME." And he said, "O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!" So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, "Let my Lord speak, for you have strengthened me."

So, yes, He will strengthen me...He will uphold me with His righteous right hand. To be in His presence is much better, but to remain is needful. I walk this walk and sometimes I barely crawl. Thanks be to God who alone is worthy, who alone strengthens these feeble hands to do His work. And yes, I still believe that the SON still shines behind all these dark-ominous-clouds.

No comments: