Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hope That Doesn't Dissapoint

I read the following on my Kay Arthur Desk Devotional:

"THE SON SETS YOU FREE. (So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36) For years Jack and I cried out to God for our oldest son, Tom. I did all I could to turn him around. Finally in 1991 God said, "Be still, Kay, and know that I am God." I was now to be quiet - no more talking, persuading, pleading, debating. To be still means to cease striving. What intimacy this brings - what utter dependence. Then, in 1992, God did what only God can do - He set our 37-year-old son free. And my, how he loves out Lord and His Word!"

And so as my heart aches, the Lord gives me exactly what I needed to hear. And the Lord fills my heart with hope, once again. As I walk this road, I am so thankful for men and women that have used their pen to share with others their hurts, pains, struggles and yes, their victories. The Word of God is full of such men and women. And there are many a devotional/book that have such encouragement. I am thankful for I know that I am not the first to walk this difficult road, and saddened to say that I won't be the last. But once again, the Spirit of the Living God, reminds me that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD, TO THOSE THAT LOVE GOD AND THAT ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. Lord Jesus lift up my crushed and weary soul...I love you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be still and know that I am God.

What a powerful scripture. It says so much and Yet in only a few words. You shared this at such a timely moment. I am soooooooo thankful for all of His promises that get me through each season of my life. Thank you for sharing your devotional.
It is confirmation for me to remember that God is on the throne and in control. And to stop wiggling around like a frightened scardy cat that thinks that her master is going to throw her in the water.I guess I need to stop scratching and start trusting. Weird analogy but I guess that is what comes to my mind when I think of how much a worry wart I am. Have a blessed filled, Joyfilled , Day in The Lord.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

i thought you might like this free christian clipart site. I hope it works out.

http://gospelgifs.com/clipart/clips-00.htm

love,
Nettie