Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Do We Speak The Same Language?

Okay, so what part of "don't cut any part of your body" is not clear enough??? Yesterday I came home to Mom holding/pressing one of her fingers with a wad of paper towels. She smiled and said, "I cut the ball of skin that was bothering me." She had been bugging me, asking me to cut it, but I refused (call me crazy or something). This is not the first time she has done that. Once before she cut, yes she cut, with scissors, as she did this time, a ball that had formed on her tongue. Yes, my friend you can cringe. I on the other hand I had to stop the bleeding, you see Mom takes blood thinners! So after giving her a sermon and biting down so hard I could feel my ears pop, I made things okay. Dinner had already been really...I'll let you guess, so now to top things off this...uh, does it ever end???

This morning I decorated some more to adjust to this new adventure in our life. I already have the hand-rail and the hand-shower, but now I added the pretty sticker decor to the bottom of the bath-tub. The mats I have used just don't seem to do the job and so today we opted for a new decor on the bath-tub. As I was putting them on, trying to make them look cute, Mom comes into the bathroom with her normal, "I got to go." I said (as I am on my knees, blocking the toilet bowl), "go to my bathroom." She is still standing there trying to figure out what I am doing, still making noises. "Mom go to my bathroom." Still standing there...I now turn around and say, "Go to the bathroom or you are going to pee-yourself". "O yeah." Then she comes back and finally figures out what I am doing as she tells me, "I almost died in there." Don't worry, she was and is okay. I just shook my head and chuckled to myself. I also thought, "how much has changed around here. And how much will it still change?" You know when we are bringing a baby home we prepare for that baby accordingly. This I guess is similar. So many similarities...what will be next???

1 comment:

lulu said...

Hay vila,is she trying to cut every ball she sees on her body...lol