Monday, November 5, 2007

My Uncle Eugenio just recently had a heart attack. He is my Dad's brother. He is in his 80's. He loves parties. After his heart attack, he decided, to have a party. He told his daughter, "It is time to get the Becerra Family together" (let me tell you that is quite an endeavor, given all the strife in the entire family). Yesterday was "The Becerra Family Reunion". I hadn't seen my aunts and uncles in years (lots of years). Some of my cousins I have never met, and those that I had met, I hardly remember. It was nice to see faces that I knew and faces that I'd never met. The Lord gave me the opportunity to talk to each one of my uncles and aunt individually. (Thank you Jesus, may you bring fruit from this time.) I also got a chance to speak with one of my cousins, who now cares, for my uncle. She shared somethings about her care giving her Dad that made me think, "how incredibly similar" all the care giving experiences are. There truly is nothing new under the sun. The Lord gave me the opportunity to encourage her and hug her. Truly nothing we go through is in vane. Mom, of course, used her tongue to leave a few wounds. (Lord, may we use our tongue wisely.) Our tongue can build or tear...may we always use it to build up those around us, especially if we haven't seen them in a while. I must say that I had a good time seeing those loved ones who were part of my Dad. I got to see pictures of my Dad when he was young and to hear him spoken of in a wonderful manner. There might be another time of getting the family together since not everyone was able to make it in such short notice. I actually look forward to this happening.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It sounds like the Lord had gone before you and stayed with you...I'm sure He's still there with the seeds He's allowed you to sow. In the pictures you do look like you're having a good time.

lulu said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
maybe, I'll be able to go to the next reunion.