Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ezekiel 1

Ezekiel 1:28 - ...the APPEARANCE of the LIKENESS of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw IT, I feel upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that speaks.

What caused Ezekiel to fall upon his face? Not the grand colors, the fire, the living creatures or all the beauty and spectacle of the whole vision. What caused Ezekiel to fall upon his face was "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord." It wasn't even the full on revelation. It was only "a likeness". When Moses asked the Lord to show him His Glory, the Lord said to Moses, "I will make all my goodness pass before thee and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before the..." (Exodus 33:19) and in Exodus 33:20 the Lord said to Moses, "Thou canst not see my face: for there shall not man see me, and live."

When Ezekiel saw this "vision", on his face he went! What reverence, what fear of God. So often we approach Our Holy and Awesome King with such irreverence. He is a Holy God. Aside from us putting our trust in Jesus Christ and Jesus' righteousness being imputed to us, we could not even make it to the hallway, let alone the Throne Room. Yet, because of Jesus' sacrifice for me and me putting my trust in Jesus, NOW I can come boldly into the Throne Room of grace and find mercy and help in time of need. He wants us to come to Him and ask Him for help in our time of need, however, what He desires most is us coming into fellowship with Him, to spend time with Him. What an intimate God we have! This Holy God, NOW, calls me His friend! Is this not great? Yet, in this familiarity and freedom, let us not forget that He is Holy, Majestic, a Consuming Fire. He tells us, "Be ye holy, for I AM Holy."

Ask the Lord to renew, to revive that sense of Awe and Adoration for this Holy King. Fall on your face before Him and let Him touch you and lift you up. Let Him take you deeper still. There is no need to fear, yes He is Holy and Awesome, yet loves you and me with an everlasting, unconditional love.

No comments: