Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Contentment

This morning as I awoke and went about my daily morning routine, it was business as usual. Move, stretch, ouch, I can't, just do it, etc...As I was taking my morning shower a thought hit me, "I'm taking a shower, in my own shower, with hot water. I will go out and have a clean towel, then I will go choose what clothes to wear from a closet full of clean clothes..." Why these thoughts you wonder? Well, you see, as of late the Lord has been speaking to me that "godliness with contentment is great gain." My girlfriend and I were talking about this the other day and we agreed that in the grand scope of things we are pretty content with our lot in life. And yes, there are those times that I can get on the bandwagon and start to find kinks in everything and everyone that surrounds me. However, the reason these thoughts were so overpowering this morning is due to the enormous damage that the fires have caused. I thought about those people that have been evacuated and are in shelters, or someplace else, not knowing what they will find when they return home or if there will even be a home to return to. And those that have the fires coming their way. How your life and circumstances can change in an instant without any warning. So today I will choose to be thankful. Thankful for my family, my home and all that surrounds me. Thankful that even when I think that life isn't fair, God tells me in His word that ALL things will work for good to those that love God and that are the called according to His purpose. Lord, thank you for your grace, thank you for your mercy. Forgive me when I am ungrateful. Give me a grateful heart. Be with all the people affected by the fires. And give the firefighters strength to endure and protection in the midst of the fires. In Jesus Name-Amen

3 comments:

Laura said...

Amen and again Amen! I'm right there with you. We are so blessed. Thank you for the right perspective.

lulu said...

Hey ,I was thinking the same thing.
We are so blessed with everything we have,and is so sad to see the people who have lost everything.
Calla's apartment building got evacuated.Her roommate called her this morning asking her what she wanted her to get her.I'm so thankful that she is here because I would probably be all worry if she wasn't.

Anonymous said...

I too had a heavy but greatful heart as I stepped outside to a smoke filled sky. My prayer was that through this tragedy souls would be saved that they may be comforted by our merciful Saviour. "So I was encouraged, as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me: Ezra 7:28" And for those who do know Him that this would strenthen their faith. Great writing leti! Love you.