Friday, October 5, 2007

Jesus Bring the Rain

Lately I've been "listening" to a song by Mercy Me called "Jesus Bring the Rain". My sarcasm gets the best of me and I think, "easy to say, bring whatever brings You glory" while you worship and praise the Lord, but then when things come our way, that are so incredibly difficult to understand or even fathom, we kind of back peddle and wonder why we said those words. So today as I saw a video, on my nieces "blog", of this song my heart simply melted. The Lord is so faithful to the work that He is doing in my life that He speaks to me from everywhere He can get my attention. Sometime ago He had showed me that "the sun" is still shining behind the dark clouds. It doesn't matter how dark and ominous the clouds might look or seem, the sun is behind them shinning with all its splendor. The clouds do not change the sun. So it doesn't matter how dark it might get around me, Jesus (the Son) is still shinning in all His glory and splendor. He remains the same. He also showed me how beautiful and clean everything looks after the storm. So as I ponder the words of this song, as My Jesus is teaching me to look unto Him, the Author and Finisher of my faith. May He give me the grace to say, "bring the rain, whatever brings You glory". If we are faithless, HE remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When the storm clouds come in quickly and the thunder scares my heart,
* I will turn to the son.

When the wind and rain are near and all around is darkness,
* I will turn to the son.

When the lightning blinds my eyes and I have no place to go.
* I will turn to the son.

For in turning to the Son, the storms cease, the wind stops and my eyes can plainly see.

And when at last my days are bright and peace fills up my soul,
* I will turn my face to the beautiful son.

I wrote this poem when I was 15 years old. I had been going through a very hard year. I was reminded of it when I read your post. I really needed to remember this today.
Thanks Leti.

God is good, everyday.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing, Leti. This reminds me of the description in Revelation 21:23..."The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, The Lamb is its light". Imagine when one day there won't even be the clouds at all. The Son will shine and we'll be able to see His light all the time. Until then, thank you for the reminder that on earth, even though we can't always see Him, He's there in full glory. I agree about the beauty and calm after the storm. What a beautiful picture.

Leti said...

to dianamp,
your poem is beautiful...thank you for sharing. I love the way the Lord uses our individual gifts to minister to each other. May the Lord continue to give you words to express His magesty.

lulu said...

I just wanted to share with you that this was one of the song that would make me feel better before my surgery. when i would get the pains, i would take a hot bath and turn on my mercyme CD and hear this song over and over.I know, when i was going through everything,I wondered when it would end,but the lord is so faithful that he gets you through the storms, in perfect time ,and after you can only see the beauty it left behind...
love you :)