Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wow! We have been busy around here - a good kind of busy though. On Thursday Herlinda, Isaiah, Angie and I went for a whirlwind of a shopping spree. We had shower gifts, retreat toiletries, etc. to buy. We had a wonderful time and in fact even took a break for lunch. Friday was more preparation for Angie's Retreat and then she was off to Hemet. Thank you all for your prayers. She had a wonderful time with the Lord and making new friendships. God truly did above and beyond all that was asked and prayed for (He always does!). Saturday Annie and Bek came over the house. We had a wonderful time. The girls love Angie's room and thoroughly enjoy playing the keyboard. I sit and watch them how they are so alive and so full of joy. I laugh at their antics and their creativity. How wonderful to be a kid! Sunday was packed. In the morning we went to church. And truly this is the highlight of Sundays. Reminds me of Psalm 122:1 that says, "I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go into the house of the Lord." Our Pastor gave another encouraging message. One that encouraged, comforted and exhorted me. I love how God's word is so alive and when it comes out of men's lips it truly cuts to the heart. In the afternoon we gathered together at the Becerra's house for Maribel's baby shower. Monday, nor wind, nor fire kept my Lulu from coming-down-the-mountain to enjoy a Pho lunch together. We had a wonderful time. Although, I think she came more for the Pho noodles than for me. If you look at the pictures she is mesmerized by the soup. All joking aside though, we truly enjoyed our visit. I don't seldom get to spend time with her and her girls and so this was a treat for both Angie and me. Come over more often Lulu!

No comments: