Tuesday, October 2, 2007

God's Hand is Evident

If anybody knows me they know that I am a "planner". My schedule is precious to me and I try to stay on track unless some drastic thing happens (like Mom's slurring speech together with not recognizing me and not being able to walk...how is that for a schedule breaker?!). Anyhow, today, after taking Mom to her dentist appointment (did I say appointment-ugh!) I proceeded with the rest of my day. Then my day was interrupted by my son's call that he needed a ride from work. Of course I did the usual and proceeded to call my hubby to pick our son after he got out of work (did I confuse you:}). I could not get ahold of my hubby so I started to "think" (my daughter says I think too much:+) how to get out of this errand. I already was into the rest of "my" day and nothing was going to change it. But somehow in my heart I knew I needed to go pick him up. So I, reluctantly, picked up my purse and the car keys and off I go. Of course in my mind I'm already thinking, "dinner is going to be late, cause this is cutting into my dinner preparation." Off I go into the sunset...oops sorry...into the freeway. Got there picked my son up and proceeded to make our way home. And then an extremely rare, but pleasant surprise took place, my son started to chat with me. What he shared really touched my heart and I will ponder it quite a bit. I got a glimpse into his heart...compose yourself Leti!!! Okay, where was I...okay we get home and I proceeded to start dinner with the head-knowledge that I was late. My hubby got home and I told him, "dinner will be late today". He was like, "okay." So there I was making rice, corn and chicken. Here is the kicker...ready...when I looked at the clock, thinking it was super-dooper late, it was only 4:00pm! We have dinner at 4:30pm...I know that is unheard of, but stay with me. The first thing that came to my mind was, "this is so God!" He took care of "my" schedule while I did "HIS" schedule. I know my time with my son was His will for me and so therefore He took care of what concerned me. He is so Faithful and concerned with every detail of my life. Thank you Jesus for your unconditional love!

3 comments:

Diana Jamerson said...

Leti,
I do believe it was "serve your son" day. I also had to give up my morning walk with the Lord, due to unforeseen car problems. So, at 6 a.m. I was driving my son to work at his uncle's house. Directly after dropping him off, I rushed back home to get John up and going and then jump on the computer to work. Three, very fast hours later, I was making lunch for John and then back out the door to go get my son. We had to make a side-trip on the way home to change my mother-n-laws bandages. She had a bad fall not too long ago and her wounds need tending everyday. As I cleaned and re bandaged and then fixed her some lunch too, my son sat at the table and smiled. On the way home, my son said "mom, your a good wife." My heart melted and then he blessed my socks off some more by adding,,"I want to find a wife that is like you." Okay, Lord,,I'm good to go,,take me home. You know when you see one of those "milestone" markers of maturity in your child it's big. It makes all the hours and days of being diligent with them worth it. So, yes it was "serve your son" day, but we were the ones who got served.

Diana

, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:13-14.

Leti said...

to Diana-
amen sister...thanks for the Scripture, it what the Lord had shown me this morning and I had been singing a spanish worship song with these very words. God is so awesome!

Laura said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I know you know that we're like two peas in a pod when it comes to schedules. I try to remember that "people are more important than my plan"...thanks for the living example of putting that into practice! What a blessing when we choose to follow God's plan instead of ours.