Friday, October 26, 2007

Yesterday, Bek and I went shopping. It was her 3rd birthday on Tuesday and this day was our day to go shopping together for her birthday gift. We went to, now, my favorite store K-mart. Bek wanted to ride on the purple car, but we opted out for the Van since the purple car had no gas. Bek is now in her car seat teaching Auntie Leti how to properly buckle her in...okay, we managed and off we go. We had a nice conversation on our way there. We are here and in we walked with a skip on our step. We picked out a cart and off we went on our fun-filled adventure. Auntie Leti got a little distracted by the nice clothes, but was reminded of our goal in this shopping trip - TOYS! Once on track, off we go to the toy department. As you can see from the pictures Bek had a ball going from one thing to another...until she saw what she wanted, picked it up and her face lit up and said, "I want this one!" and into the basket it went (a toy train). She also picked a "princess" set. We lined them all so that she could pick the one she wanted. She picked Cinderella and herself, put the rest away. Okay, we are done. I had to pick up some things (I always do when I am at K-mart). She walked besides me and at times helped pushing the cart. We ran into a huge spider...she was quite taken by it and a really ugly cat. Then she saw a cute cat and went to hug it and pull it's ears. We walked some more. She giggled and chuckled all through our trip. My heart filled with wonder as I saw how happy she was. We are finally at the checking stand and she saw "lollipops!" "I want a lollipop" she said. "Okay, what color?" "Pink". I told the lady at the check-stand that we were there for Bek's Birthday and so the lady asked Bek how old she was and Bek put out her 3 fingers with a smile. Of course, the lady was taken by this cutie. We got home and guess what was her favorite part of the trip...the lollipop. Laura opened it up for her and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would have never thought of doing this...Laura, thank you for suggesting it. This was so much fun to see things from a child's perspective. Not rushing, not being concerned about what she did or did not do, but simply enjoying her JOY.

1 comment:

lulu said...

oh,that is so cute,you get to spend time with the girls.(lucky)Your going to be a great grandma..Love you