Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Help My Unbelief!

Praise the Lord we got my daughter's digital camera back. She had left it at church on Thursday and told me on Saturday that she had left it there. She, however, said, "don't worry Mom, I prayed and it is going to be okay." Out of the mouth of babes. Yesterday, we got the call that yes they had the camera and today we picked it up. Thank you Jesus! This reminded me of a time when we had to be somewhere at a certain time (it was something very important). Now I knew the Lord had told me to go and that we would make on time. So with this confidence and assurance we set out into the sunset. As we drove on our wonderful freeways the traffic got really bad, in fact we were practically stuck. So the doubts started to flood my mind, "did I hear right?" "We will never make it." and so on. Then the traffic would break and we would be rolling again saying, "I know we are going to make it, cause the Lord said so. Yeah, praise the Lord!" Stop, traffic congestion again and again and again. This was the process all through our trip. But, aside all this we made it on time and did what we had to do. As I drove back I totally felt like the Israelites in the wilderness, when minute the were all confident and praising the Lord and the other they were doubting, grumbling and complaining. Nothing has changed. I am so like them. And so the story of the camera. One minute we are like, "well, of course, we will get it back, we prayed." and the other I was like, "there is no way. It is a huge church and a bunch of people go through there." When will I learn?! Lord I believe, help my unbelief!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! Praise God...I'm glad Angie got her camera back!

linda said...

Praise God, Angie..I'm happy for you. You know lety some times I'm the same, the Lord tell me somthing and I still thinking,how is that going to happen? but again praise God because is so good to us, ah.

lulu said...

i'm happy that you found the camera.
God is so good.