Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dinner

If you know my home and family, dinner can be an eventful time. Today, after having a really nice morning, I was having a good time getting dinner ready. We decided that I would not cook. We bought fresh bread and carnitas (pork) to make "tortas" for dinner. In fact, we even used disposable plates (yey! for Angie). So here I am getting the "tortas" ready. Everyone started to make their way into the kitchen (while I'm still putting the dinner together). Mom, as always, stood at the table and eyed everything and then sat down. By this time my hubby and my daughter are at the table too. Everyone was served I just needed to make mine. While I was making my torta I heard Mom say, "I can't eat like this!" (she just got dentures yesterday). I asked her, "do you want me to cut it, or..." She then says, "I'm just going to take them out!"...gasp! ugh! Before anything else could happen, she is taking her dentures out!!! My hubby and my daughter are looking down and I am rushing to get a paper towel and container to put them in. By the time I get to her, the dentures are ON THE TABLE!!! Thankfully they were in a napkin. I quietly took them and put them in her room. I sit to eat (my stomach is hurting and my jaw is so clenched I can feel a headache coming on). Okay...all is well in paradise. So what were we talking about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww that was kind of gross i saw it when she took the denchers out not all the way i just glanced quickly and looked back at my dinner! :)

Laura said...

Ewwww!!!!! That's so gross! Leti...you're so gracious. I know I would have made a huge deal out of it. Never a dull moment. :)