Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ponderings

I've been pondering the thoughts of the posts of October 5 & 6. The Lord normally has me chew on thoughts and brings other Scriptures or quotes to bring home the point. I just started reading this book called "Full Life in Christ" by Andrew Murray (I love Andrew Murray's writings). The chapter is titled He Himself Calls Us - I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.-John 13:15. At the end of each chapter Andrew Murray ends it with a prayer and this prayer so touched my heart as it so relates to my previous posts (God is so thorough). quote---Gracious Lord, what can I now do but praise and pray? My heart feels overwhelmed with this wondrous offer that You will reveal all Your love and power in me if I will yield myself to let it flow through me to others. Though with fear and trembling, yet in deep, grateful adoration, I accept the offer with joy and confidence, and say, "Here I am. Show me how much You love me, and I will show it to others by loving them in the same way.' And that I may be able to do this, blessed Lord, grant me these two things. Grant me, by Your Holy Spirit, a clear insight into Your love for me so that I may know how You love me, how Your love for me is Your delight and blessedness, how in that love You give Yourself so completely to me so that You are indeed mine to do for me all I need. Grant this, Lord, and I will know how to love and live for others, even as You love and live for me. And then, grant me to see, as often as I feel how little love I have, that it is not with the love of my little heart, but with Your love shed abroad in me, that I have to fulfill the command of loving like You. Am I not Your branch, O my heavenly Vine? It is the fullness of Your life and love that flows through me in love and blessing to those around me. It is Your Spirit that, at the same moment, reveals what You are to me and strengthens me for what I am to be to others in Your name. In this faith, I dare to say, "Amen, Lord. Even as You do to me, I will also do to others."---end quote God is so gracious to us that even when He calls me to a task that to me is so incredibly difficult, He equips me and empowers me to do it. So often, I kick against that which He has placed before me. Yet He calls me to be hidden in Him and filled by Him. God of wonder how I praise you!!!

No comments: