Monday, October 29, 2007

Women's Conference




The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend the first Inland Empire Women's Conference. My wonderful husband agreed to stay and watch Mom AND to take care of her breakfast and lunch. I am such a fortunate woman. Thank you Lord, bless my husband. I was so excited and expectant to hear what the Lord had for me and all those who were to attend. Calvary Chapel Chino Valley was buzzing with excitement and anticipation. I got to see allot of ladies that I'd met while we attended this fellowship and I also saw ladies from Calvary Chapel Rancho Cucamonga. It was so exciting to see all the smiling faces and how much we ladies love to talk with each other.

The first speaker was Sandy Macintosh, she challenged me to "invite suffering in my life". It took a while for me to swallow this one. I thought, "more suffering, you got to be kidding." She encouraged me not to settle for less than what the Lord has for me. The second speaker was Carrie McDonnall. Talk about inviting suffering into your life. She is a missionary to Iraq. She is 30 years old and has suffered and endured more than I can fathom. She totally encouraged us to live for Christ. She had so much to say that I can't do it justice, but I can tell you she totally challenged me to look beyond the here and now. Jean McClure was very practical and encouraged us to keep a devotional life. The last speaker was June Hesterley. She too was very practical and brought all the earlier points all into focus. She encouraged us to go deeper. One thing she said was, "God breaks a person not to let good out, but to let good in".

So as the Lord gave me this opportunity to attend such an incredible event, my prayer is that it is not just another event with lots of notes on paper. That I would take to heart all that the Lord spoke to me personally and that I would be encouraged in those areas that He encouraged me in. Thank you Jesus for these women. May we be women that impact others for YOU.

1 comment:

Laura said...

This really was a blessed day (or morning for me, at least!) :)
I'm glad I got to sit next to you to enjoy what the Lord had for us.