Thursday, October 4, 2007

"The Warrior is a Child" by Twila Paris

Lately I've been winning battles left and right / But even winners can get wounded in the fight / People say that I'm amazing / strong beyond my years / But they don't see inside of me I'm hiding all the tears.
They don't know that I go running home when I fall down / They don't know WHO picks me up when no one is around / I drop my sword and cry for just a while / 'Cause deep inside this armour - The Warrior is a Child / Unafraid because His armour is the best / But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest / People say that I'm amazing / Never face retreat / But they don't see the enemies that lay me at HIS FEET
They don't know that I go running home when I fall down / They don't know WHO picks me up when no one is around / I drop my sword and look up for a smile / 'Cause deep inside this armour...The Warrior is a Child

No comments: